About Face Lift for Men
The visible signs of ageing such as lines and wrinkles, loose skin and brown spots, no longer have to be an inevitable part of getting old, and many people choose to reverse these signs with the help of face lift surgery and other surgical and non-surgical procedures. Face lift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is one of the most commonly requested procedures by both men and women who want to look as young as they feel. It is performed to remove or reduce the skin that has lost its natural elasticity - usually around the eyes, mouth and jaw line - smooth the skin, reduce lines and wrinkles and rejuvenate a tired-looking appearance.
FACE LIFT SURGERY
BENEFITS OF HAVING FACE LIFT SURGERY
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Looking younger
- Feeling rejuvenated and fresher
Facts about face lift surgery
- 42 % more men than 5 years ago are treating their lines and wrinkles with cosmetic surgery.
- The desire for men to stay young looking is more and more important nowadays.
- Face lift and neck lift are amongst the most efficient cosmetic surgery procedures to fight against the sign of ageing.
- Face lifts are a popular treatment for men as well as women
- Improved surgical techniques mean scars and recovery time are minimised.
THE PROCEDURE FOR FACE LIFT SURGERY
- The surgery consists of lifting the skin, removing the excess fat, tightening the muscles and removing any excess skin.
- There are three types of face lift surgery procedures, the Traditional face lift, Minimal-access cranial suspension and Keyhole Surgery.
- The technique used depends on your facial structure and desired outcome.
- Your surgeon will let you know whether which type of surgery is suitable for you.
Traditional face lift
- A surgical cut is made in your hairline,down past the front of your ears and then up into the hairline again behind the ears.
- Cuts may also be made under your chin if you want to lift a sagging jaw line.
- Skin is carefully separated from the underlying tissues.
- Excess fat is removed and muscles are tightened surrounding the tissues of the face.
- Skin is lifted, pulled back and any excess skin is trimmed off.
- The skin is then stitched back to the line where the cut was initially made.
- Fine plastic drainage tubes may be left in the wounds, usually behind your ears. These allow blood and fluids to drain.
FACE LIFT PRICES
Prices start from £6.730, but there is no set price for face lift surgery as every single patient is different and treated on an entirely individual, case-by-case basis. In order to get a quote that is specific to you, find your nearest clinic and please book in for your free consultation with one of our nurses to discuss your requirements in complete confidence. The price you are given will include everything from the procedure itself, to the cost of your overnight stay and aftercare appointments - there are no hidden costs.
Choosing to have face lift surgery
There are many reasons why people choose to have face lift surgery:
- Looseness to the skin and relaxation of muscles resulting in wrinkles and folds on the face
- Visible jowls - no longer having a smooth firm jaw line
- Deep lines in the corner of the mouth, which can often give a "sad" look
- Loose skin and wrinkling to neck area
- A lack of self confidence - some people age prematurely and feel that the face does not match their body
- Substantial weight loss in later life can give the effect of ageing - older skin has less elasticity than younger skin and without the fat, will become saggy and wrinkly
- To look more youthful and attractive
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Before your face lift surgery
- The Cosmetic Surgeon may suggest that you lose weight to give you the best possible long lasting result.
- Your Cosmetic Surgeon will also suggest that you stop smoking - an important part in assisting wound healing.
- If you colour your hair, it is advisable to do so before surgery as it will be several weeks afterwards before it is again safe to do so.
- You may want to bring sunglasses to wear after surgery to hide some of the swelling and bruising.
THE DAY OF YOUR FACE LIFT SURGERY
- The Cosmetic Surgeon will visit you in your room to obtain your final consent and mark the face with a pen in preparation for your surgery.
- If you have any final questions it is important that you ask your Cosmetic Surgeon at this time.
- When you wake up from your surgery you will have dressings on the face and possibly drainage tubes in place.
- Painkillers will be offered if required, however it is not regarded as a painful procedure, more uncomfortable due to the 'tight' feeling.
- You can expect to be in hospital for 1 or 2 days, any drainage tubes will be removed before you go home.
Going home after face lift surgery
- It is advisable to rest with your head propped up in the early days and avoid bending, lifting or sudden movements of the head.
- You will be advised on when you can wash your hair and this will help to make the removal of the stitches easier.
- It is very important that you attend the appointments to care for your wound and see your Cosmetic Surgeon.
- It will be possible to return to work once the stitches have been removed and the bruising and swelling have settled, approximately 2 - 3 weeks.
- You will have your own personal Nurse Counsellor both before and after your procedure to support you and answer any questions you may have.
Recovery from Face Lift Surgery
- Most people may experience some bruising and swelling
- Stitches will be removed at between 7 to 14 days
- By this time you should be able to resume your normal day-to-day activities with few exceptions
Find out more about our procedures and treatments, for a free no obligation consultation and to meet with a nurse please contact us on 08851449956 or click through to book online.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I HAVE SURGERY?
It is important that your decision to have a Cosmetic Surgery procedure is considered carefully. There are many points that should be considered before deciding to have any type of Cosmetic Treatment or Surgery.
There are also some possible risks, as with all surgical operations, which your Cosmetic Surgeon will talk through and explain to you at your consultation, answering any questions you may have. This is your opportunity to discuss your intended surgery in order that the Cosmetic Surgeon can ascertain your expectations as to what can realistically be achieved.
Every Cosmetic Surgeon who performs face lift procedures for The Cosmetic Surgery India belongs to a relevant professional organisation, is fully accredited to practice in the UK as a specialist in Plastic Surgery, and has specific training and experience in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Choosing the right cosmetic surgery provider - please read our guide Choosing a Cosmetic Surgery Provider
Our nurses advise you consider the following things before your surgery:
- Child care and post surgery activities including sleeping arrangements
- Have necessary post-operative garments
- How long will the effects of treatment keep me away from my usual activities?
- At what stage will I be able to judge the results of treatment?
- How long do the results last?
- When can I return to work?
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND AFTERCARE
- How long does the treatment take?
- Is the treatment painful and if so what form of anaesthesia is used?
- What type of care will I need after treatment?
- Will I need pain relief following treatment?
- Will I have swelling or bruising and can these be treated?
- Will I need to wear a supportive garment?
Of course these are just some of the commonly asked questions but please feel free to ask your nurse for lots more information
At The Cosmetic Surgery India our aftercare is second to none. You will have your own specially trained cosmetic surgery nurse to guide you through your procedure and aftercare. In fact with The Cosmetic Surgery India you are patient for life.
Our Cosmetic Surgeons are among the most skilled, qualified and experienced in the Cosmetic Surgery field and our fully qualified Cosmetic Surgery Nurses are specially selected for their expertise and approachability.
It is your body so naturally you will want to place it in the safe and trusting hands of The Cosmetic Surgery India. For quality care and ethical practices coupled with experience and they very best medical skills available, there is only one name to trust... The Cosmetic Surgery India