About Ear surgery for Men
There is psychological impact for so many things and so is the case with protruding ears. There is no denying the fact that position, shape and size of your ears can make a huge difference to your look. How you look and feel is directly related to your features. If you are losing confidence because of shape and size of your ear then you are the right candidate for Ear Surgery. Medically known as Otoplasty, this surgical procedure is performed to reduce the size of the ear, reset protruding ears and reshape ears. It is this surgical process which can be performed on both children as well as adults who are getting affected by the appearance of their ears.
Advantages of undergoing otoplasty
• You have more choice in careers and sports
• You will not get unfriendly comments
• Boost in self-esteem and self-confidence
• You have several options for hairstyle
Ear surgery facts
• It is important for candidates considering ear reshaping surgery to know that its results are immediate as well as permanent.
• It can help in boosting confidence.
• Recovery will not take much time.
• Ear surgery, also known as otoplasty, is one of the oldest cosmetic surgery procedures. It was first performed way back in the 19th century.
• No doubt, it can change the complete look of a person.
Ear surgery procedure
• Those who have undergone the surgery are aware that it helps in setting prominent ears back to their place and closer to head or helps in reducing the size of ears.
• In this surgical procedure, skin is removed and cartilages are reshaped from behind ears.
• Then the ears are stitched to the new position and incisions marks which appear are concealed behind the natural crease of the ear.
• The entire surgical process takes around two to three hours to complete.
What to expect after surgery?
After surgery you will experience swelling and bruising for 2-3 weeks. You will be given medications for pain if any. Surgeon will remove the dressing in 2 days and stitches in within 7 to 8 days. You can resume work within 2 days but with bruising. If you are someone who is an exercise freak then you can resume exercise within 2-3 weeks. You can see results immediately after surgery however tissues will take 6 to 12 months to settle down.